I haven’t had time to write this week because ever since Monday at dawn I’ve spent just about every waking hour on our bathroom floor.
Welcome to Potty Training Week here at Paradise.
I had intended to only potty train Bear Cub #1 this week, since he is majorly overdue to learn and his vehement declarations of “I am NOT ready Mommy, I want to wear diapers!” just weren’t going to cut it anymore. But the instant I brought Number One into the bathroom on Sunday afternoon and told him what was going to happen this week, Bear Cub #2 raced into the bathroom, jumped up on the potty, and immediately peed.
…and thus began my week in Crazyland, potty training two cubs at once. [They’re doing great by the way. Today is Day 3 and as of 1:26pm ET we haven’t had any accidents. And now I’m sure I’ve jinxed myself for the afternoon potty circus, but still – I’m proud of them!]
While I haven’t had time to write, I’ve had lots of time to catch up on blog reading as I’ve sat on the bathroom floor coaxing one or both to PUHLEEASE try to pee. Just in case.
Here are five favorite blog posts I’ve read from the bathroom floor this week.
1. A Forgiveness Story, written by Sarah Short of the Short Stop Blog. If you’re a regular reader of mine, you probably know I have a huge crush on the Short Family. Sarah’s writing encourages me so much. This piece is from her archives. And yes it made me cry. If you’re married or plan to ever be married, read it.
2. Lindsay Boever of the blog “My Child, I Love You” is one of my favorite “Catholic mom bloggers” because her sheer love for children pours from every word she writes…and in her special way, she makes me love my own children more deeply. She wrote a piece this week called “1000 Apprenticeships” and I just loved it. I’m totally stealing this mantra and want to do the same for my sons. What an exciting way to view life and learning!
3. Jenny Uebbing from Mama Needs Coffee is the bomb. I loved her post Babies and Bonding from last week because I could relate 1000% (no – make that 1000000000 x infinity) percent. But her post yesterday about the Wellness Project is also on my current fav’s list.
4. Speaking of the Wellness Project and working to take better care of our physical bodies a mothers, I loved Kate Bryan’s post last week “The Five Minute Face.” Kate is well known as the “best hair” girl on Pinterest, and she became a first time mama just before Christmas. I love the idea of having a few go-to makeup items for a 5-minute face. I pretty much do the same every morning, but Kate’s post made me want to freshen up my 5-minute routine a little bit. My sweet mom gave me a Sephora gift card for Christmas, so a trip there is in my very near future.
5. I don’t know if it’s a mom thing or because I’m also potty training this week, but Kallah’s Warrior Mama post over at Being Open to Life made me want to laugh. and cry. and bring her a big bottle of wine.
Hope y’all are having a blessed week. Stay warm if you live anywhere north of Florida!
Linking up with MoxieWife today for Five Favorites.