Today is my Luke’s #2 birthday. By far the best two years of my life.
My little (not so little) buddy is the most joy-filled, good-hearted, sweetest little boy I’ve ever met. What a blessing he is to our family.
Luke’s favorite book is Go, Dog, Go! by P.D. Eastman. So naturally, we had a “Dog Party” to celebrate his birthday.
Here are some highlights:
- All of the decorations and balloons (including the dog bowls I used to serve appetizers): Dollar Tree
- Wall decorations: I printed out scenes from the book on my computer and taped them to the wall using scrapbook paper as a backdrop. The “stop sign” is a piece of black poster board with scrapbook paper cutouts for the lights.
- Cake: My Grandmother’s famous pumpkin bars recipe is the base, with 12 chocolate gluten free cupcakes on top to form the “tree”. Chocolate icing for the base of the tree. Candles from Target. The dog party pictures I printed out from my computer and glued onto lollipop sticks I got from Michaels.
- Go, Dog, Go! Stuffed animal: Originally from Kohls, I bought it from eBay.
- Not pictured: our menu included an appetizer of “mini hot dogs” (lil smokies wrapped in biscuits and baked) and the main course was meat loaf…shaped in the form of a dog bone of course! ;0)
Highlight of the night: my sister Susan (Luke’s Godmother) showed up in a goofy decorated hat. If you know the story of Go, Dog, Go!, you know that the most famous line in the book is “Do you like my hat? I do not!” (Which also happens to be Luke’s favorite line). Aunt Susan, you rock!
Related posts you might enjoy:
- Mark’s #2 Birthday (Train/Thomas the Train Party)
- Mark’s #3 Birthday (Construction Site Party)
- Luke’s #1 Birthday (Pumpkin/Fall Party)