The Hubs and I love BBC and Masterpiece Classics mini series. We’ve had so many wonderful “date night ins” in our marriage thanks to several classics, some oldies, and some new releases from across the pond. Here are our top six favorites (so far!)
1. Pride and Prejudice (1995 version). Mr. Darcy. ‘Nough said.
2. Foyle’s War. Chronicles the life and adventures of Detective Chief Superintendent Christopher Foyle before and during World War II. We both wanted to cry when we watched the final episode of the last season – not because it was sad, but because there were no more Foyle’s War date nights to be had. We enjoyed this series SO much.
3. Sherlock. This is a relatively new series but we love it so far. A modern take on the Old Sherlock (as in, Dr. Watson is still his best bud, but they live in 21st century London. And Sherlock carries an iPhone…).
4. North and South. Based on Elizabeth Gaskell’s classic, BBC did a masterful job with the script and the cast.
5. Little Dorrit. We were surprised how much we loved this rendition of the Charles Dickens classic, but it was really good!
6. Downton Abbey. Can’t wait for January 2013 and season 3!
Happy Friday y’all!