[Fair warning to my male readers: you are probably NOT going to like this post. Might want to skip this one…]
This week’s Friday Favorites: My Five Favorite Products for At-home Nail and Toe Care
1. OPI. My favorite nail polish. It’s hard for me to make my weekly Target trip for baby items without sneeking a peek at the OPI station in the beauty department. Love the wide range of colors and I think it’s the best quality for a moderately priced polish. Current obession: OPI Cajun Shrimp (orangey-coral tones; looks great at the pool!)
2. KISS Everlasting French Nails (Real Short). Sounds weird, right? But every time I wear these glue-on French nails that I buy from Target for $5.99, I receive many compliments and everyone thinks I’ve been to a salon to get a professional acrylic French manicure. Takes about 7-10 minutes to put them on and let them set. Mine usually stay on for 10-14 days.
3. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails (Clear). I love this product and it’s the only clear polish I’ve used since high school. It will keep your nails hard and chip resistent for a long time. It’s the perfect polish to wear “naked” or as a top coat to seal in my OPI self-given pedicure. And I always put a coat on my KISS fake French nails too. (Runs about $2.99 at drug stores).
4. True Blue Spa Foot File (Bath and Body Works). This little guy is an amazing tool for exfoliating extra dry heels like mine. My sister Anne gave me one as a stocking stuffer for Christmas years ago, and I’ve been in love with it ever since. I use it right after a shower and then massage in foot cream.
5. Folic Acid. Folic acid is a B-complex vitamin needed by the body to manufacture red blood cells. It’s important to take during and after pregnancy in that it promotes heart health and is said to help prevent certain birth defects. I think it’s a wonderful vitamin for women to take throughout their childbearing years. A positive side effect is great hair and nail strength. My Aveda hair technician volunteers at the American Breast Cancer Society, and she said they have all their lady patients on folic acid to help their hair grow back, and it’s an amazing help to them.
Happy Friday Y’all! Perhaps you ladies will get a chance to pamper yourself with a few at-home mani-pedi products this weekend. I’m about to head upstairs and apply a bit of OPI Cajun Shrimp before the bear cubs wake up and the Hubs gets home…